OTTAWA – January 13, 2017 – Energy Ottawa is working towards a strategic alliance with Costello Associates Inc. to bring its utility engineering and consulting services to Eastern Ontario.
With decades of experience, Costello Associates Inc. has provided professional services to more than 35 Ontario utilities. Energy Ottawa is a leader in energy management services in the national capital region, serving as the preferred energy services provider for the City of Ottawa.
Together, we plan to offer a range of services to meet the needs of utilities, industry, governments, hospitals, and institutions. This includes distribution system planning, overhead and underground design, substation design, construction management, protection and control systems, telecommunications, and third-party pole attachments.
- A strategic alliance will allow Energy Ottawa to expand its service offerings to utilities, institutions, governments and businesses.
- Energy Ottawa already offers services to help commercial customers manage energy consumption and cut costs. Its Infrastructure Management division also offers innovative cable testing services and power quality monitoring solutions to protect critical infrastructure.
- A subsidiary of Hydro Ottawa, Energy Ottawa’s experience and position as a City-owned asset make it uniquely suited to be a trusted energy advisor for its customers.
- Costello Associates Inc. has been directly involved in the design, construction, commissioning, and project management of more than 15 municipal transformer station projects.
“As a community asset, Hydro Ottawa’s goal is to provide stable, reliable and growing returns to our shareholder. Expanding the range of services we provide is just one way we’re working to grow our business strategically.”
– Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Ottawa
“We are excited to be working with Energy Ottawa to offer experienced utility engineering to large power users, generators, and LDC’s in eastern Ontario. Together we will offer a broad range of technical services to the high voltage electricity sector with our professional and experienced team.”
– Stephen Costello, President & Founder, Costello Associates Inc.
Manager, Media and Public Affairs
Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 345
About Energy Ottawa
Energy Ottawa is a diversified and innovative energy company. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in Ontario, with hydroelectric, solar, and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Its energy services group offers a wide range of energy management services for commercial customers. Its infrastructure management services include cable testing and power quality monitoring solutions. Energy Ottawa Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
About Costello Associates Inc.
Costello Associates Inc. is a professional engineering firm that services electricity transmitters, distributors, generators, and major power consumers in Ontario. Founded in 2007, Costello has branch offices in Sudbury and London. Its senior staff includes seasoned former local distribution company engineering and operations executives.