Énergie Ottawa est une entreprise novatrice qui adhère aux normes les plus strictes en matière de service à la clientèle et de protection de l’environnement.
Filiale de la Société de portefeuille d’Hydro Ottawa inc., Énergie Ottawa produit de l’énergie verte et dispense une vaste gamme de services d’achat et de gestion de l’énergie. Parce qu’Énergie Ottawa est un employeur de qualité, ses employés éprouvent une grande satisfaction à contribuer à la réussite de l’entreprise. L’esprit d’équipe, la coopération, la formation permanente et la participation à la vie communautaire revêtent beaucoup d’importance pour nous.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe!
Les employés d’Énergie Ottawa bénéficient d’excellentes conditions de travail, d’un salaire concurrentiel et d’un programme complet d’avantages sociaux. S’y ajoutent un régime d’assurance-invalidité et un régime de pension.
Nous encourageons les personnes qualifiées à poser leur candidature aux postes offerts et nous sommes constamment à la recherche de personnes possédant les compétences requises pour travailler au sein de notre entreprise.
Vous pouvez nous transmettre votre curriculum vitae de diverses manières :
Par la poste
Énergie Ottawa inc.
3025, chemin Albion Nord
C. P. 8700
Ottawa (Ontario) K1G 3S4
À l’attention de : Ressources humaines
Par courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nous vous remercions de l’intérêt que vous portez à Énergie Ottawa. Seuls les candidats retenus seront conviés à une entrevue.
Maintenance Operator (Hydro Station)
By generating renewable power, each person at EONY Generation Limited, a subsidiary of Energy Ottawa plays a part in empowering the lives of our customers. We know that our cities and neighbourhoods will always need a smart and reliable energy supply, and that’s why our people are committed to green generation. That purpose unites us in powering a sustainable future.
If the possibility of joining us in this work energizes you too, we may have the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Generation, the Maintenance Operator is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of our generating station in Lyons Falls, New York, to ensure the equipment is functioning properly and to maintain the highest level of electricity generation possible. This role ensures that our facilities and equipment are clean and safe so that our generating station can produce green energy.
You have experience working in a generating environment or related environment, including the performance of routine inspections and maintenance, basic mechanical troubleshooting electrical.
You’re comfortable working at heights or in confined spaces, able to perform physical labor, and have basic computer, mechanical and carpentry skills. You are able to read and write in English, and can effectively interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
You have received your High School Diploma or GED. You also hold a valid driver’s license, at least two years of a clean DMV vehicle record.
You have the ability to work days other than Monday thru Friday, based on business needs, and to work on a rotating “on call” schedule.
We offer a competitive salary based on education, experience, and other qualifications, in addition to comprehensive benefits.
If this sounds like the position you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume, quoting Competition Number (17-020) in the subject line to the Talent Attraction and Acquisition team in Human Resources, or email to email@example.com by March 31 2017.
EONY Generation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Selected candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. These requirements are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Maintenance Operator (Hydro Station)
The Maintenance Operator is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the generating station to ensure the equipment is functioning properly and maintain the highest level of electricity generation possible. The operator is also responsible for keeping the facilities and the equipment clean and safe.
The essential responsibilities of the job include but are not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Perform regular routine inspections and rounds to check that all electrical and mechanical equipment is functioning properly.
- Perform electrical switching as required.
- Clean, grease and oil equipment on a regular basis.
- Perform routine safety inspections.
- Lock-out equipment as required.
- Report all incidents and deficiencies to Supervisor and call for assistance as required.
- Respond to Emergency situations and conditions (eg. black-outs, oil spills, floods, fires, etc.).
- Monitor and record accurate readings on a daily basis.
- Interact with supervisor, co-workers, and administrative office to maintain smooth operations.
- Practice and promote good housekeeping practices.
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of all plant equipment.
- Operate hydraulically controlled trashrake.
- Practice and promote proper use and care of power tools, chain saw, drills, hand tools, etc.
- Practice and promote proper care and use of company motor vehicle.
- Perform mechanical troubleshooting.
- Work on a dam using appropriate safety equipment.
- Learn and apply knowledge of safety procedures: hard hats, safety belts, eye protection, ear protection, etc.
- Awareness of potential problems and initiate corrective action before it becomes a problem or notify supervisor if unable to take action.
- Perform water details, such as putting out buoys using a boat.
- Maintain cleanliness of Powerhouse (sweep & wash floors, clean washrooms and windows, dust equipment, etc.).
- General building & grounds maintenance work such as: painting, snow shoveling, snow plowing, grass mowing, weed eating, raking, window washing, etc.
- Comply with all company employment and safety policies.
- Participate in formal training classes.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Relevant experience considered an asset
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge considered an asset
- Ability to work unsupervised most of the time
- Ability to respond to and correct alarm conditions
- Ability to work a rotating “on call” schedule
- Willing to travel to other sites when necessary
- Good communications skills
- Able to perform physical labor
- Ability to read and write
- Basic computer knowledge to access HydroMaster monitoring program
- Mechanical skills
- Electrical skills
- Basic carpentry skills
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Awareness of changing weather conditions as they pertain to hydro operations
- Ability to effectively interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Commitment to health and safety
- Values cultural diversity
- Valid driver’s license and a least two years of clean Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) vehicle record
- Descend and climb stairs on a daily basis
- Work on ladders up to a height of 40 feet
- Moderate heaving lifting up to 50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces
- Moderate noise level in the work environment
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme weather.