Energy Ottawa is an innovative company committed to the highest standard of customer service and environmental responsibility.
A subsidiary of Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc., Energy Ottawa generates green power and offers an extensive range of energy management and procurement services. As an employer of choice, Energy Ottawa’s staff takes great satisfaction from the contribution they make to the success of their business. Teamwork, participation, continuous learning, and community involvement are all very important to us.
Join Our Team!
Energy Ottawa offers a great working environment, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit program.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for advertised positions, and are always interested in hearing from people who have the core skills of our business.
How To Apply
If you are interested in submitting your resume for consideration there are a number of ways you may apply:
Energy Ottawa Inc.
3025 Albion Road North
P.O. Box 8700
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3S4
Attention: Human Resources
By Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Maintenance Operator (Hydro Station)
By generating renewable power, each person at EONY Generation Limited, a subsidiary of Energy Ottawa plays a part in empowering the lives of our customers. We know that our cities and neighbourhoods will always need a smart and reliable energy supply, and that’s why our people are committed to green generation. That purpose unites us in powering a sustainable future.
If the possibility of joining us in this work energizes you too, we may have the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Generation, the Maintenance Operator is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of our generating station in Lyons Falls, New York, to ensure the equipment is functioning properly and to maintain the highest level of electricity generation possible. This role ensures that our facilities and equipment are clean and safe so that our generating station can produce green energy.
You have experience working in a generating environment or related environment, including the performance of routine inspections and maintenance, basic mechanical troubleshooting electrical.
You’re comfortable working at heights or in confined spaces, able to perform physical labor, and have basic computer, mechanical and carpentry skills. You are able to read and write in English, and can effectively interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
You have received your High School Diploma or GED. You also hold a valid driver’s license, at least two years of a clean DMV vehicle record.
You have the ability to work days other than Monday thru Friday, based on business needs, and to work on a rotating “on call” schedule.
We offer a competitive salary based on education, experience, and other qualifications, in addition to comprehensive benefits.
If this sounds like the position you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume, quoting Competition Number (17-020) in the subject line to the Talent Attraction and Acquisition team in Human Resources, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31 2017.
EONY Generation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Selected candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. These requirements are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Maintenance Operator (Hydro Station)
The Maintenance Operator is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the generating station to ensure the equipment is functioning properly and maintain the highest level of electricity generation possible. The operator is also responsible for keeping the facilities and the equipment clean and safe.
The essential responsibilities of the job include but are not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Perform regular routine inspections and rounds to check that all electrical and mechanical equipment is functioning properly.
- Perform electrical switching as required.
- Clean, grease and oil equipment on a regular basis.
- Perform routine safety inspections.
- Lock-out equipment as required.
- Report all incidents and deficiencies to Supervisor and call for assistance as required.
- Respond to Emergency situations and conditions (eg. black-outs, oil spills, floods, fires, etc.).
- Monitor and record accurate readings on a daily basis.
- Interact with supervisor, co-workers, and administrative office to maintain smooth operations.
- Practice and promote good housekeeping practices.
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of all plant equipment.
- Operate hydraulically controlled trashrake.
- Practice and promote proper use and care of power tools, chain saw, drills, hand tools, etc.
- Practice and promote proper care and use of company motor vehicle.
- Perform mechanical troubleshooting.
- Work on a dam using appropriate safety equipment.
- Learn and apply knowledge of safety procedures: hard hats, safety belts, eye protection, ear protection, etc.
- Awareness of potential problems and initiate corrective action before it becomes a problem or notify supervisor if unable to take action.
- Perform water details, such as putting out buoys using a boat.
- Maintain cleanliness of Powerhouse (sweep & wash floors, clean washrooms and windows, dust equipment, etc.).
- General building & grounds maintenance work such as: painting, snow shoveling, snow plowing, grass mowing, weed eating, raking, window washing, etc.
- Comply with all company employment and safety policies.
- Participate in formal training classes.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Relevant experience considered an asset
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge considered an asset
- Ability to work unsupervised most of the time
- Ability to respond to and correct alarm conditions
- Ability to work a rotating “on call” schedule
- Willing to travel to other sites when necessary
- Good communications skills
- Able to perform physical labor
- Ability to read and write
- Basic computer knowledge to access HydroMaster monitoring program
- Mechanical skills
- Electrical skills
- Basic carpentry skills
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Awareness of changing weather conditions as they pertain to hydro operations
- Ability to effectively interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Commitment to health and safety
- Values cultural diversity
- Valid driver’s license and a least two years of clean Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) vehicle record
- Descend and climb stairs on a daily basis
- Work on ladders up to a height of 40 feet
- Moderate heaving lifting up to 50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces
- Moderate noise level in the work environment
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme weather.